Tuesday, November 13, 2012

My First post

So Today is my sons 3 week birthday...sounds a bit cheesy huh? Well when you just recently placed you unconsciously count the days since you no longer had a belly to talk to.I get lots of pictures texted to me and i have several visits since placement. Should i say since leaving the hospital to go sign my rights away and leave the agency and my son behind.Let me clear that up a bit because i didnt leave wnything behind for good,just for that moment.I have stayed very active in both the agency as a community and my sons life.

 When i found out i was facing single motherhood and came to the very hard but rational decision to place R for adoption i was blessed in finding the best agancy possible.Abrazo is more my family now than an agency really. I have made more friends, whom i love dearly, through Abrazo's forum off their website than i could have ever imagined. And it's not that cheesy kind of friendships where everyone says stuff like"so how is life these days mine is peachy" or "just touching base to see if you are okay still" They all know what im going through.Even the adoptive parents have such a wide open understanding of my range of emotions.It is such a big help for me to get through this tough time.

My family has been more of a support than some women get. However i think they still struggle with how to understand open adoption.Now that i talk about the forum and go to the birth mom group meeting every week and then go for visits with R;They see that im trying to be very involved.I feel like im trying to reach the world one person at a time starting with my family.
       It makes me sad that the stereotype of adoption is some cracked out young girl who was raped that gived her baby up in a hospital and never hears from the kid or his parents again.That is so not the case (although im sure in some situations it may be) there are brilliant,successful women out there that come to a wise decision that they just can't raise a baby.And they get lucky enough to find OPEN adoption and match with a couple who is excited to gain not just a baby but a new family too.That keep in contact with everyone involoved because the BABY is the center of everyones world.So that the baby can grow up having so many people who love them and can ask any question they want and always have an answer.So that an adoptive mom and a birth mom can share a connection no one else on earth could ever understand,the deep,awe inspiring love of one child from a mother.It is a bond that should be envied by everyone who has missed out on it.And im truely sorry for all who have.

 So as an intro im sure this is lacking but i have been on the Abrazo Forum for hours and im tired.Hopefully i really can post to this blog from my phone because i dont have a laptop of my own yet! But i do visit my mother enough to post here once a week should the phone thing not work...until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment